Third Way Announces New Co-Chairs
Washington, DC – Third Way today announced that it is significantly expanding its work with the House of Representatives, led by six new honorary Co-Chairs. The chairs are Representatives Melissa Bean, Joseph Crowley, Artur Davis, and Gabrielle Giffords, Jane Harman and Ellen Tauscher.
Third Way President Jonathan Cowan said in a statement: “Third Way is honored and delighted to have the leadership of such distinguished Members of Congress. They are all deeply committed to a new American politics that transcends the old debates and seeks new ideas. They represent very different regions of this country, but they are unified in the belief that we must be tough and smart in national security, modernize government to meet the new economic rules of the 21st century and create new common ground approaches to potentially divisive cultural issues.”
- Jane Harman (D-CA 36th) is in her seventh term. She serves on the Homeland Security Committee as Chair of its Intelligence, Information-Sharing & Terrorism Risk Assessment Subcommittee and on the Energy and Commerce Committee.
- Ellen Tauscher (D-CA 10th) is in her sixth term. She serves on the House Armed Services Committee as Chair of the Strategic Forces Subcommittee and on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
- Joseph Crowley (D-NY 7th) is in his fifth term. He serves on the Ways and Means and Foreign Affairs Committees.
- Artur Davis (D-AL 7th) is in his third term. He serves on the Ways and Means and Judiciary Committees.
- Melissa Bean (D-IL 8th) is in her second term. She serves on the Financial Services Committee and on the Small Business Committee as Chair of the Finance and Tax Subcommittee.
- Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ 8th) is in her first term. She serves on the Armed Services, Foreign Affairs and Science and Technology Committees. Since its founding in January 2005, Third Way has done a wide range of high-impact, congressionally focused policy and communications work on national security and foreign policy, a middle class economic agenda and culture issues.
Contact: Matt Bennett (202) 775-3768 x212