National Security Program Director
- Develop and implement policy and message products.
- Present Third Way products and help lead highly interactive, specialized trainings for Congress, governors, staff and other progressive leaders.
- Devise materials on a range of national security issues, including, but not limited to, terrorism, Iraq, the state of US military and future defense and foreign policy challenges.
- Supervise and manage the work of the National Security team and a group of outside advisors and consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, graduate degree preferred but not required, plus a minimum of five years of congressional, federal, campaign or other relevant experience.
- Ability to write compelling and high impact products.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills.
- Strong public presentation ability.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Senior Management team.
- Commitment to core progressive ideas and willing to challenge traditional progressive orthodoxies on national security.
- Assertive, results-oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A commitment to Third Way’s mission and political philosophy.
Flexibility: Results-oriented and flexible culture
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits
Please e-mail cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in Subject Line: National Security Program Director. Incomplete applications will not be considered. EOE.